Friday, February 24, 2012

Cub Scout dinner

We went to a cub scout blue & gold dinner yesterday evening.  Part of that involved a cake decorating contest.  I forgot to take a picture before we dug into the cake, but this was what Alex and Nathan decorated.  I was not allowed to help.  The theme was "In and by the sea", so they had to decorate according to that.  They did a tent and campfire by the sea, with a little stream/estuary (?) running into the ocean (in case you couldn't tell).  :)   It was tasty.


And my new "wolf" cub scout!  He loves it!  He has scouts once a week, so we added that to our schedule this year.  I think the family lasagna dinner with a toddler wasn't so fun, but I'm glad that Nathan is enjoying scouts.  This is the first of MANY scouting events for us, so I better get used to this!

1 comment:

whitney said...

yay! for cub scouts! Love the cake! I'm so impressed that they came up with that all by themselves :)