Thursday, January 21, 2010

Carroms

I asked for a Carrom board for Christmas, and I got one. I remember playing this when I was about Nathan's age with my paternal grandfather. In fact, playing carroms is just about my only memory of my "grandaddy". He passed away when I was 8 years old, so I don't remember very much about him. So this game is a special memory for me. I have enjoyed watching Nathan and Jared play (although Jared hasn't quite figured out how to shoot it well). Nathan is pretty good, and I love the enthusiasm he has for it. We've played it nearly every night the past week, and I don't mind playing. Has anyone else ever played Carroms?

5 comments:

Burt Family said...

I've never even heard of this game, but looks like I need to look into it. Tell me more about it.

Mamapierce said...

I haven't heard of it. What is the age suggestion on it?

Debora said...

Cute NEW dirt picture! :)

Pam said...

I've not heard of it either! You will have to tell us how it's played. I love to play games, but I don't live with anyone else who does. :-(
And yes, I LOVE the new "dirt" picture too.

Anonymous said...

Nope I've never seen or played the game. It looks fun and my family loves to play games, so I'll have to check on it. :) It's always fun to have special memories of loved ones. It keeps them connected to you and then to pass on a memory with your little ones...well, there aren't many more things sweeter.
Oooo, I love the new "dirt" pic, too. Very cute.